Skip to Navigation

Icon of the Mother of God of Konevits

Commemorated on July 10 (also on September 3)

In 1610, during an invasion of the Swedish armies into Novgorod, this icon was transferred from the Konevits Monastery to the Novgorod Derevianits Monastery with the blessing of Archbishop Isidore of Novgorod. Each year on July 10 a festal celebration of the Most Holy Theotokos took place at this monastery in honor of Her holy icon.

In 1799, with the blessing of Metropolitan Gabriel of St. Petersburg and Novgorod, the wonderworking icon was returned to the Konevits Monastery.

The return of the icon to the Konevits Monastery is celebrated on September 3.

By permission of the Orthodox Church in America (